When Love Grows Cold
Listen to audio version
Bible Passage: Revelation 2:1-7
Sermon Discussion Guide:
When Love Grows Cold-The Church at Ephesus
- Was there something in Pastor Sean’s teaching that you learned, something that stuck out to you, or something that you were reminded of? If so, what was it?
- What are some of the ways that Satan tries to hinder the work of the church?
- What was the city of Ephesus like? How could their local context help in taking the Gospel to the ends of the earth? How might living in Ephesus produce some barriers for the Christians there?
- In what ways does Christ commend the church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:1-3?
- Why does Christ rebuke the church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:4?
- Pastor Sean listed several ways a church (and individual believers) can forget their first love. Have you forgotten your first love? Are you as passionate for Christ as you were the day that he rescued you from your sin? What causes you to forget your first love?
- How can FBC make certain that we do not forget our first love?