Falls Creek 2021
June 13 @ 11:00 am - June 19 @ 5:00 pm
We are excited about going to Falls Creek near Davis, Oklahoma this summer for camp! Falls Creek offers a unique camp setting that is designed to challenge every student in their walk with Christ.
Part of the Falls Creek experience is renting a cabin for our group to stay in. This year we will again be staying the the cabin owned by Velma Baptist Church (Velma, Oklahoma). Each group is responsible for cooking their own meals…so no cafeteria food! We are grateful to have an excellent cook, Doug Cogswell, going with us! There are plenty of recreation activities including (but not limited to):
- water inflatables
- week-long volleyball tournament
- 5k run
- frisbee golf
- ropes courses
There really is something for everyone!
While these things are awesome, the best part of Falls Creek is the way in which students are challenged to pursue God. There are two worship times each day, two church group Bible studies a day, and daily quiet times. This is a place where your teenager will be challenged spiritually. Over the past several years a large number of students have pointed to Falls Creek as a turning point in their spiritual maturity. We have full confidence that the same will be true for teenagers this summer.
- Camp Dates: June 13th-19th
- Camp Pastor: Randy Kendrix (you can read about him at http://www.fbcmadill.org/staff/
- Worship Band: The Robertson Band
- Cost per Student: $150
SIGN UP DEADLINE IS JUNE 6TH. There are limited spots so if you wait, all spots may be taken. We have scholarships available so do not let the cost be the determining factor.
TIMES, DEADLINES, & FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Each participant needs:
- FBC release form: https://app.waiverforever.com/pending/wnBQRhDzee1619031227
- Falls Creek release form: 2021-Student-Release-Form
- Adults attending need a separate release form: 2021-Adult-Release-Form
For more information on Falls Creek, check out: https://skopos.org/fallscreek/
We will meet at FBC at 11 AM on Sunday, June 13th. We will travel to the Conway, Arkansas area and stay at a church or hotel. We will arrive at Falls Creek around lunchtime on Monday, June 14th. We plan to depart from Falls Creek on Friday, June 18th and return to Chickamauga on the evening of Saturday, June 19th. We will likely stay between Fort Smith, Arkansas or Little Rock, Arkansas.
- First Deposit: $50 by May 16th
- Registration & final payment: June 6th
*Don’t let the cost scare you. We have scholarships available to help offset the cost. Students receiving scholarships will contact their sponsor before camp, send them a postcard from camp, and contact them again after camp. This helps those who support our ministry build relationships with our students!*
FALLS CREEK SUGGESTED PACKING LIST:
- Modest Clothing for 7 days (see dress code )
- Bible (VERY, VERY IMPORTANT! If you don’t have one, I will get one for you)
- Spending money for concessions/group photos
- Extra clothes that can get wet or dirty
- Closed-toe shoes for ropes course
- Appropriate shorts (see dress code)
- Skateboard, helmet, and pads (Only necessary if you want to skateboard: Falls Creek provides pads if needed)
- Softball glove
- Swimsuit (if two piece, bring a dark t-shirt)
- Hygiene Products (don’t bring shaving cream unless you shave!)
- Small personal fan
*ALL ELECTRONICS MUST STAY ON THE BUS*
FROM FALLS CREEK ADULT GUIDE:
It is strongly suggested that churches limit or prohibit their students’ use and possession of cell phones and two-way radios. These items can quickly become a distraction to the goals of the week of camp.
To honor this, students will have access to their phones only to call home each day. We will publish a list of phone numbers for the adults going so that you can reach your student during the day. Please know that during worship time and Bible Study it may be difficult to reach us right away but we will contact you as soon as those sessions are over.
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Savadge via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We encourage you to live stream the evening worship sessions at https://live.oklahomabaptists.org/